The Committee for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Power Breakfast program seeks performers for the virtual, student presentation portion of the program. A collection of singers, varying in ages, will be singing portions of songs in a Mashup to tie into this year’s program theme “Justice”.
The following songs will be included in the Mashup:
- What's Going On? - Marvin Gaye. Verses 2 and 3
- Wake Up Everybody - Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes feat. Teddy Pendergrass. Verse 1 and Chorus (The World Won’t Get No Better…)
- As - Stevie Wonder. Intro, (Do’s) Verses 1 (As around the sun…) and 4 (Just as time knew to move on…)
- Keep Ya Head Up - Tupac. Just the Chorus (Oooh child, things are gonna get…)
- *Keep Your Head Up - Andy Grammer. Just the Chorus (But you gotta keep your head up, oh…)
- *Fabulous - Jaheim. The bridge (We’re all that we’ve got…) and the Outro sung by youth (…and never G I V E U P and keep your H E A D UP)
*Songs we need children to sing on.
We will also incorporate the Pledge of Allegiance at the end of the Mashup that requires children’s participation.
- Title = MLK Mashup
- Author = Your name
- Doc Type = Short Film
- Publication Date = date of submission
- Keywords = MLK Mashup
- Discipline = Arts & Humanities
- Abstract = Name, email, phone of person submitting. Child's submission will include adult of child with it.
- Upload video clip from computer. Also must upload Broadcast & Photo Release here as well from computer.
- Submit a cell phone recording of you singing a demo of one of the songs above. If you sing multiple songs, your first song should be your first preference.
- 30 second max time submissions only
- Collin faculty, staff and students with interested grade school age children are encouraged to submit child’s performance and include adults contact information. This will act as adult permission to have minor participate.
- Submission Deadline: 5:00pm, Wednesday, November 11, 2020.
- Finalist will be contacted by Monday, November 16, 2020.
The committee is excited to invite our Collin family to share their talents with us for this program. If you have any questions regarding any of the above information, please contact:
- Michael Gregorash – email@example.com
- Deborah Hall – firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions from 2020
Broadcast and Photo Release Form, Collin College
MLK Mashup, Deborah Hall